Sunday, March 09, 2003

Fear-Mongering

I saw Bowling for Columbine last night. Great movie; Michael Moore raises all sorts of interesting topics and gives us a vivid big screen experience. Since I saw it at the Byrd, I made the connection easily: the first two generations of movie palace patrons were accustomed to seeing their President and the news great big. I found it a tad alarming.

The question I’ll throw out, though, comes from Moore’s exploration of the topic of fear-mongering. Canadians, for the most part, don’t lock their doors. He confirms this by opening the doors of a number of homes, in a city whose name I have forgotten. I’m betting we all lock up, and gasp at the idea that people who seem so like us, just living further north, don’t.

Do you lock, or not? Even if you’re home in the middle of the day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home